Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Can my husband relinquish the right to his part of my house…

Can my husband relinquish...

Can my husband relinquish the right to his part of my house if he files for divorce

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

No he is filing for divorce and now he is sending someone to evaluate how much is the house

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Victoria

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He is saying that he is doesnt want any claims he only want this in order to get goverment assistance we have been separated for 18 years and we do not have had any contact or relationship since then

3/22/2018
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

thank you

Good Afternoon,

yes he can, but this is done in a property settlement.

If you and your husband have reached an agreement that he will transfer you share of the property to you then this needs to be done in an application through the Family Court of Australia by consent.

The following link provides the application that needs to be completed by both of you in order to get your orders.

http://www.familycourt.gov.au/wps/wcm/connect/fcoaweb/forms-and-fees/court-forms/diy-kits/kit-diy-application-consent-orders

If you have not been divorced then you are within time. If you have been divorced then you both have to agree for filinf out of time.

If you wish to have a phone call to discuss this in more detail please elect a call or I can send you a request.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. You rating my work 5 stars allows me to continue to provide a service to those who require it.

I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Let me know if I have answered your question today.

Regards

Leon, Solicitor
thank you very much Leon you have been prompted and clear in you answer, I certainly rate you a 6 out of 5! I will be in touch if I need further assistance.
regards,
Alexandra

Good Afternoon

You are very welcome and thank you for the rating it is always appreciated.

Thank you for using Justanaswer and if you need any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards