Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I currently work for an Allied Health company performing…

Hello Pearl, I currently...

Hello Pearl, I currently work for an Allied Health company performing Admin Assistant duties. Was just wondering what the award hourly rate is, because I feel my hourly rate is below at present?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

No, I am just researching and compiling all my evidence firstly before I go into any negotiations

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

Unsure what at will means but no not a member of any unions

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No I don't think so. Just that...thanks Pearl

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/21/2018
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Good Morning

Do you know what award you are paid under?

There are many awards and if you could narrow it down I can look at it for you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok, I see you are in Nsw. Does it change from state to state as I live in QLD.
I would come under Health Professional and support I guess. My employees are Exercise Physiologist (like Physio)
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I mean employer

Good Morning

Here is the award pay rates

https://www.fairwork.gov.au/ArticleDocuments/872/health-professionals-and-support-services-award-ma000027-pay-guide.pdf.aspx.

Do you know what you are employed as?

There are different rates for different levels

The award does cover you

The following link is the full award and it also gives descriptions of the jobs

http://awardviewer.fwo.gov.au/award/show/MA000027

If you wish to have a phone call to discuss this in more detail please elect a call or I can send you a request.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. You rating my work 5 stars allows me to continue to provide a service to those who require it.

I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Let me know if I have answered your question today.

Regards

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok looking over my contract it says that I am under Health Professionals and Support Services Award 2010
It says my rate of pay is $24 an hour which includes 25% casual loading.
It does not have a levels detailed within in it
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
From my own investigation - I fall am a clerical>Admin Assist which is under the Health Professionals and Support Services Award 2010. My award hourly rate should be roughly $26.30 an hr.Is this correct?

Good Morning

If you are a support person the the full time rates are set out at 14.3 of the award

They start at $738.80 for a full time employee being $19.44 per hour

which is about $24.30 as a casual.

You should clear it up with them.

But that is the level you are being paid at.

At B1 you can see what your duties are and it says.

Schedule B—Classification Definitions

[Varied by PR988397,(PR535562 quashed in part by [2013] FWCFB 5551)]

B.1 Support Services employees—definitions

B.1.1 Support Services employee—level 1

[B.1.1 varied by (PR535562 quashed in part by [2013] FWCFB 5551)]

Entry level:

An employee with less than three months work experience in the industry and who performs basic duties.

An employee at this level:

• ●works within established routines,methods and procedures;

●has minimal responsibility,accountability or discretion;

●works under direct or routine supervision,either individually or in a team;and

●is not required to have previous experience or training.​

You should look closer at the award and see what you are doing and if they are paying you correctly and if not you show then what you should be paid.

Regards

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can you advise where I find General Clerk job description? I am pretty sure I do way more than that, so I want to arm myself when I go into negotiations with my boss.

Good Morning

It is still a support person.

You need to read through the section Starting at B1 that I sent you and go through them all and find the level that best describes what you do.

One you find that then you look at the pay that level receives

General Clerk as a description does not exist. You are support person at Level X and you have to look at what the award says you have to do at each level.

I hope this is clearer

Good Afternoon

If there is nothing further and I have answered your questions today please do not forget to rate my work 5 stars so I can be paid and be able to continue to provide my services.

Regards

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no thankyou so much

Good Afternoon

All the best and good luck

Please do not forget to rate my work so I can be paid.

Take care and thank you for using this service.

Regards

Leon, Solicitor
Leon, Solicitor