Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

QLD, my daughter booked accommodation in Brisbane for easter…

Customer Question
QLD , my daughter...

QLD , my daughter booked accommodation in Brisbane for easter weekend, unfortunately she is unable to make it but she is unable to change dates and will have to her 700 plus dollar's, booking through booking.com surly there is a way around or a compromise

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps has your daughter taken so far?

Just rang both companies fob her off and tell hell she lost her money

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Australia Law
3/21/2018
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 3 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Good Morning

I am sorry to hear about this.

When she booked, they are clear about whether the amount is refundable and she has agreed to these terms.

If the booking was not refundable then they will not refund her.

Having said that, she can make a request to them and provide them with the reasons and see what they can do.

But if she purchased a non refundable room she is going to have an issue.

if there was no such declaration she can seek to take the matter to QCAt for unfair contract because it was not disclosed.

But she has ot look at the terms and conditions of the booking.

If you wish to have a phone call to discuss this in more detail please elect a call or I can send you a request.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. You rating my work 5 stars allows me to continue to provide a service to those who require it.

I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Let me know if I have answered your question today.

Regards