Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

On the brink of a breakdown over a TPG mess which has just…

On the brink of...

On the brink of a breakdown over a TPG mess which has just about brought our business down. I honestly don't know what to do but in a nutshell we changed service providers for our NBN, which meant we had to with our landline phone as well. The NBN is up, we've been ported across (apparently) yet anyone with an Optus phone account cannot call our business. We're on Day 4 and it has literally cost us thousands of dollars.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state/territory are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Victoria

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Multiple customer care assistants (at least 20), case managers, supervisors, engineers.. I'm going around in circles, they cannot fix it

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Only that I'm a grown man who was in a reasonable mental state prior to this

3/21/2018
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Good Morning

I completely understand your frustration.

I had the same issue with Telstra subscribers not being able to call.

The issue has to be rectified by Optus but TPG has to keep on top of them and they are the ones that owe you a duty of care.

Your best position is to draft a detailed statement setting out the times and dates you have called and if you can remember who you spoke to.

Set out in point form what you believe you have lost as a result of their delays and if they do not rectify it you will take the matter further.

They have to be more proactive in getting this done.

You have to give them some time to rectify this and you should set out at least 7 days.

If they fail to do anything then you have no choice but to refer them to the Ombudsman and seek compensation for the losses you have suffered.

But you have to give them the opportunity to fix it.
In my case it took a week to get this rectified. It is an NBN voip issue but TPG, who knows there are issues should have things in place to get things done.

If they do nothing then you have to take it further and you should try and work out what your losses are and seek compensation.

The ombudsmans website is as foillows

http://www.tio.com.au/

It is frustrating I know, but you have to collect the information to support your claim.

If you wish to have a phone call to discuss this in more detail please elect a call or I can send you a request.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. You rating my work 5 stars allows me to continue to provide a service to those who require it.

I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Let me know if I have answered your question today.

Regards

Leon, Solicitor
Thanks very much Leon.
As it turns out, we've also discovered it's Vodafone as well. It's brutal, we're losing copious amounts of money now and their communication process is absurd.

Good Afternoon

All the best and good luck with it.

Stay on top of them.

Regards