Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

We recently sold our business and there was a five year

Hello pearl Lawyer's Assistant:...

Hello pearl

Lawyer's Assistant: What state/territory is this in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Hello Pearl we recently sold our business and there was a five year contract with an ATM in place. The purchaser gave us an undertaking that they would take on the Atm and we introduced the atm company to the new owners. Settlement has since occurred and now the new owners Have reneged on their agreement and we are let with two years still on the contract athe ATM company is threatening legal action.What are our options?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None we just received an email from the company today

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No I can’t think of anything just at present

3/21/2018
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

do you still have a copy of the sale contract ?

did the contract state the ATM in it ?

John Melis, Lawyer
Phone call session started
I don’t believe so I would have to check to be sure

calling now