John Melis, Lawyer
Experience:  Family Law, Commerical Law, Property law, Probate & Wills, Employment Law, International Law, Criminal and Traffic Law, Litigation Tribunal & Courts
99270703

L was just wondering how I find out who has power of

Customer Question

Hello l was just wondering how I find out who has power of attorney . I have documents signed that it was my brother and myself but I feel that it has been changed. Thank you
JA: Can you tell me what state this is in? And just to clarify, what paperwork has been filed?
Customer: This is in Victoria and it was a enduring power of attorney
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: I have a copy of the above mentioned form
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  John Melis replied 8 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

why do you think it was changed ?

If you are concerned that the power of attorney (POA) has been changed, what you can do is go to the original lawyer that drafted the POA, and they will be able to advise if there was an update or change to the current POA.

Normally, if a POA is changed it is done by the original lawyer.

If the original lawyer is not sure you can contact all lawyers in the local area of the resident of the principle and they will advise whether they have drafted a new POA. This will take a little time but it is also a good way.

there is no specific register of POAs in Victoria.

If you need any further information please let know.

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don’t forget to rate me 5 stars as this supports me helping the community, and thank you for using Just Answer.