Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have been having problems with my solar system for several…

Customer Question
I have been having...

I have been having problems with my solar system for several months now & cant seem to get any advise from the contractor who fitted it on 12/10/09, All i want is for someone to come & check my system & let me know if it is fixable or if it is a warranty claim.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state/territory are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I an at Curra 4570 Qld.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I have spoken to the contractor up to 2 weeks ago & he said he would get back to me soon, Which would be nice as i am losing money whilst not producing to my systems capacity

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Australia Law
3/21/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

have you issued a formal written complaint yet ?

What you need to do is to write a formal complaint to the company. This complaint needs to be in a chronological order detailing what is the issue and what action you have taken to try and rectify the matter.

The complaint needs to be in a chronological order with numbered points 1, 2, 3, etc.

The complaint needs to have detailed what you need fixed and for a time limit of a minimum of 14 days to apply.

The complaint then needs to be sent to the dispute resolutions department. Make sure you keep a copy for yourself.

Preferably send the complaint by email.

If you do not receive a reply within 14 days issue a follow up complaint to the first complaint issued.

If no response is received then it is time to commence an action in the local tribunal.

Would you like to try this option first.

thank you

Ok this is a good way to move forward and gives you the chance to secure your legal rights.

If you need any further information please let know.

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don’t forget to rate me 5 stars as this supports me helping the community, and thank you for using Just Answer.