Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

We bought a carpet which was delivered in 2016 we have now…

Customer Question
We bought a carpet...

We bought a carpet which was delivered in 2016 we have now found out we paid for thick dense carpet and they installed a thinner different carpet

Lawyer's Assistant: What state/territory are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Tasmania

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

We only found out yesterday, we have not done anything until we knew were we stood legally

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, thank you.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Australia Law
3/20/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

didi you issue a formal complaint yet ?

No, we want your advise first

What you need to do is to write a formal complaint to the company. This complaint needs to be in a chronological order detailing what is the issue and what action you have taken to try and rectify the matter.

The complaint needs to be in a chronological order with numbered points 1, 2, 3, etc.

The complaint needs to have detailed what you need fixed and for a time limit of a minimum of 14 days to apply.

The complaint then needs to be sent to the dispute resolutions department. Make sure you keep a copy for yourself.

Preferably send the complaint by email.

If you do not receive a reply within 14 days issue a follow up complaint to the first complaint issued.

If no response is received then it is time to commence an action in the local tribunal.

Would you like to try this option first.

Even though we had it laid in 2016

yes you can still raise a claim as you have a right under the warranties.

you will need to follow the advice stated above.

Does this answer your important question today.

I have extended a special offer to talk on the phone, please look, it will help you need

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don’t forget to rate me 5 stars as this supports me helping the community, and thank you for using Just Answer.

thank you.

you are most welcome