Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My wife has just told me she is leaving. She is chinese, we…

My wife has just...

My wife has just told me she is leaving. She is chinese , we have been married just past 9 years. Her parents are visiting. And I find it is her mother who is telling her what to do. Chinese tradition apparently .The mother is can and do anything and not be wrong she can be rude and disrespectful to others and this is allowed. We do not fight when her parents visit. I am sorry but I find it hard to talk like this .I find it easier to talk to someone.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

She has only just told me noe Now

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Qkd

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Qld

3/20/2018
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Good Evening

I am sorry to hear about this.

Have you spoken to her and asked if she is willing to go to Mediation to see if you can resolve this?

She does not want to talk about it. When her parents visited last time she told me that she only married me because her mother told her to and that was how she could get her visa to stay in Austrslia I thought this was a lot to go through and have children to just get a visa . I questioned her about this after a few days when she had calmed down and she says that she did not mean it. But today she threaten to kill me if I was to do anyting to hurt her parents but I have not so asked a question about the washing .apparently I have not been doing her mother's cloths correctly. Because she has gone and hand washed hers.I do the washing everyday and now she starts to wash only her cloths. She has even scalded the boys if the mention her parents names today and could not go with her when she goes to China later this year.

Good Evening

If she is becoming violent you are going to have to consider reporting this to the police.

Are her parents violent towards you?

I am not sure if I have filled out the correctly. I clicked on please call me.I think I paid the fee, sorry not sure.when will someone phone me.

Good Morning

There is no selection for a call.

Can you try again and I will then call you.

Regards

Good morning Leon
I have tried to enter my mobile number so you can phone me but it will not register the number .I press button call me and it does not do anything.

You have to elect a call

It will cost you an additional fee and then you can put in your mobile.

I have down this 4 times now and it won't send number to you

I have offered you the call from here.

Accept it and enter your number

I have down this 4 times now and it won't send number to you. Sorry But the price was $85 now you wish for me to pay $111 I am sorry but I do not have money to burn like this

Good Morning

All good we can continue here.

I do not deal with that part of the site.

I would suggest you seek to have mediation with your wife to sore this out.

The government has a free service.

You should contact your closest family relationship centre. This is a free service provided by the Federal Government. Their website is

http://www.familyrelationships.gov.au

You can find your closest one on there.

The web-site also have alot of useful information and links to assist you.

If you cannot sort out the issues and she is not prepared to work with you to save the marriage and you fear she will leave you and take the children you have to consider getting orders that the children stay.

But only with mediation at the moment between you and her can you try to sort this out.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. You rating my work 5 stars allows me to continue to provide a service to those who require it.

I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Let me know if I have answered your question today.

Regards

Thank you Leon.I will try to get her too a councillor to work it out .My biggest fear is she wants to go back with her parents to China and take the boys.

Good Afternoon

In that case you have to get an airport watch list order so she cannot take them out of the country.

Here is the kit form the AFP that you can use to get that

This way if she tries to have the children removed from australia without your knowledge they will be stopped at customs.

https://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/crime-types/family-law-kit

All the best and good luck

Please do not forget to rate my work 5 stars so I can be paid and continue to provide my service.

Anything else please let me know

Regards

Leon, Solicitor
Thank you for your help