Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Want to find out what i can do to resolve an insurance claim…

Customer Question
Want to find out...

Want to find out what i can do to resolve an insurance claim for a house fire insurance is approved but the winning tender was the insurance co builder but they not want the job and after10 months they sub let the tender to someone closer now they are in dispute over price for a job that was not in the original quote this is already 3 weeks and as i,m buying the house it is holding up settlement what can i do

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

No am not siging nothig till work starts as the insurance tell me to get lost and wipe there hands of it

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the house located?

Mortlake vic 50 km north warrnambool

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Don,t know that till i know what i can do

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Australia Law
3/20/2018
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 4 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Good Morning

Have you had your own independent builder give a price on the job?