Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Tina, We have bought a house in NSW in August last year.The…

Customer Question
We have bought a...

We have bought a house in NSW in August last year.The driveway has dropped from the house about 60mm.The builder has refused to do anything.We would go to consumer affairs but with the cracks in the floor.Water is getting under the house.We are concerned it wii

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

Will take so long to come to an arrangement.It is pooring rain at the moment and forecast for the coming days.Is there any way we can speed up a decision by consumer affairs?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a New South Wales lawyer about this?

No it just happened

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have had a building inspector out and he said it should be on the builder to fix.He is sending me the report tomorrow.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Australia Law
3/20/2018
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 3 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Good Evening

How old was the house?

Did you have a building and pest report on the property before you bought it?