Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I'm just after some advice. I am a tenant and my landlords…

Hi, I'm just after...

Hi, I'm just after some advice. I am a tenant and my landlords father has turned up several times without notice. Doesn't knock on the door, just stands under the car port and calls out until i come out of the house. I have complained to the realestate who has warned him not to come back. However its clear the they already knew the man could be a nuisance, shouldn't they have told me prior to me signing a twelve months lease that he was a "dirty old man", their words, not mine!

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

NSW

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

12 months, I have another 6 months to go. I have just given them a list of things to be fixed. Some of which they were told of months ago. This man might have keys to the property too.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Im not sure whats relevant. I just want to know where I stand.

3/20/2018
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

do you have a copy of the lease ?

based on your comments you have done everything correctly.

the nest step is to apply for a restraining order against the landlord for the conduct that is occurring to you.

the restraining order will stop the negative conduct immediately.

the alternative is to raise a claim in Residential Tribunal to hear the matter and to stop the conduct occurring.

you have a legal right under the lease to quiet enjoyment of the premises without interference by the landlord and the law will come to your aid in this important matter.

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don’t forget to rate me 5 stars as this supports me helping the community, and thank you for using Just Answer.

John Melis, Lawyer
I dont, but at this stage the realestate is being very supportive and I can request a copy. It was, from memory very standard. Apart from an inclusion requesting I agree to pay rent until I they get a new tenant if I chose to vacate. I did not sign that!
Phone call session started

calling