Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I bought a car from nsw but i live in melbourne and i took…

Customer Question
Hi there, I bought...

Hi there, I bought a car from nsw but i live in melbourne and i took that car to mechanic for the roadworthy and mechanic says that car has been written off. So, what legal action i can take against the seller? I have already spoken to him very politely but he is not getting agreed that the car is written off

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Nothing just spoken to him over the phone

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Nothing just this

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Australia Law
Please give me the answer shortly
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Live call how?
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/20/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

you will be able to raise a claim under the Australian Consumer Law for misleading and deceptive conduct inline with the Competition and Consumer Act 2010.

Your claim can be brought into VCAT.

You will be able to claim damages for the loss you have incurred with the vehicle purchased .

You have requested a call and I have extended a special offer to talk on the phone about this important matter, please look, it will help you.

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don't for get to rate me for 5 stars as this supports me helping the community and thank you for using Just Answer.