Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Lost son, became a Transgender person male to female,

Lost son, became a...

Lost son, became a Transgender person male to female, changed name.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state/territory are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Victoria however, he was born in Qld.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Failed with private detectives totally, he/she is only recipient on our will but, executors will need to be able to find him'her.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just need an expert in this area of the law, please.

3/20/2018
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

have you done a personal locator search through a lawyer yet ?

No, unsure if I could ?

yes you can.

what the lawyer will do is search all asset registers for individual and narrow down the potential location of that person, which will then make it easier to find them

have you considered this aspect yet ?

Given I believe he has changed his name, i have know way to proceed.Can we track the name change first and can u do that for me ?he was born in Townsville, Qld, 31 Dec, 1991, Name ; Angus Hubert George Jamieson.

the name change issue can be changed through the death, birth and registry office of the state to find out his new name

have you consider this point ?

I'm a man of average intelligence but, i am buggerd if I could work the Qld system out, that's why i need a solicitor to get it done for me ?

ok, what you need to do is to engage a lawyer in QLD ask them to first check the death birth and registry office for name changes under the original name, then the second step is to carry out locator search of the person, then an asset search as well. This will then find person in question.

does this answer your important question today ?

Can u suggest a solicitor who specializes in this aspect who is Qld based ?

all lawyers have access to search features.

I recommend that you seek a lawyer with probate experience.

you can also use a lawyer based in your home state as well, as ll matters from a legal point can been handled by the same lawyer as the process is identical through out Australia to find a person

have I answered your question today ?

Thx.

you are most welcome

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don't for get to rate me for 5 stars as this supports me helping the community and thank you for using Just Answer.

John Melis, Lawyer