Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I'm wondering how it should take to settle an estate when…

Customer Question
Hi, I'm wondering how...

Hi, I'm wondering how long it should take to settle an estate when there are no complications? Also how often should the solicitor (who is the executor of the estate)be in contact about the progress of the process?

Lawyer's Assistant: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?

Sorry I'm in Queensland

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

I have a certified copy of dad's probate the solicitor sent me

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of thanks

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Australia Law
3/20/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

the estate should be settled within 12 months

what seems to be issue you are dealing with at the moment ?