Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Qld. Your are our first after speaking to the insurance

Hello my name is*****...

Hello my name is*****: What state/territory are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Qld

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Your are our first after speaking to the insurance company Eric ins.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Do I tell you the whole story? In short we paid insurance to protect us in case we every had problems. DID not want to take this ins. but the dealership we bought our car from said it was a good ins.

3/20/2018
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

please tell me more about your situation ?

Every insurance policy for vehicle is different in respect to the terms and conditions that apply under the policy.

If the car dealer recommended a insurer and that insurer has failed to cover you properly, you may have a claim against the care dealer for misleading conduct in relation to the policy of the insurer, by recommending insurance, when they should not have done so.

Did you suffer a loss under this policy ?

When we took out the insurance they asked if we had pre existing illness, which we replied yes. At no time were we told that this pre existing problem would stop us claim on this insurance and now that we need it they tell us NO as it was a pre existing. The girl at the insurance keeps saying its pre existing but it is on the same shoulder but a different problem

Kerrie in this instance, there is a potential possibility for a claim of misleading conduct against that party whether they acted recklessly or carelessly in advising on the policy

your claim will need to be brought into QCAT under the Australian Consumer Law, Competition and Consumer Act 2010, civil division.

does this answer your important question today ?

This is the link for QCAT Civil division

http://www.qcat.qld.gov.au/matter-types/other-civil-disputes

You can raise an application directly online with QCAT on this important matter

have I answered your question today ?

No I am confused over this money I have to pay. First its $5 then its a free trial now I have to pay $82
Sorry which is it first? Please
Sorry my computer froze and I did not see "call me" and agree to pay $82
I will try QCAT now thank you, ***** ***** am none the wiser

I have extended a special offer to talk on the phone, please look, it will help you.

I am here to help you and may be talking on the phone will make the process more easier to explain .

John Melis, Lawyer
When will you ring me or are you waiting for something else

I will call you

ok thank you

you are welcome

John you said you would call me for $7 but I have been charged $82.
Can you explain this please before ringing me as I will have to cancel our call if this is the case

.

the item was for $7 not $82

you can manage your account from your members area.