Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have recently been sent 3 final threat notices for fines (

Customer Question
I have recently been...

I have recently been sent 3 final threat notices for fines ( 2 separated offences) ?? from the U. K. I tried to phone and E-mail them when I received the first notice I received dated 8/2/2018 with no answer to either, then a second notice arrived 2 days later dated 25/12018 saying I have failed to pay by the appointed time and are now being charged the "full" amount of 160 pounds. At no stage have I been made aware of what the monetary fees were until receiving these notices, I simply just didn't know what I was supposed to pay, I am a low tech 65 y.o + and have been overwhelmed, they threaten legal action. Since these I have received another parking fine which is another 100 pounds up from 60 pounds because "I haven't paid this one on time", due 6/12/2018, received this notice about 4 days ago. Of course I'm late! Can you give any help? Anything I can do apart from caving in to them. John W

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Parking Eye, car park solutions. UK.Northampton

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?

Not yet, I take it that it will be in the U. K,

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

What are my choices here. John W.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Australia Law
3/20/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

do you want to contest these fines ?

I argue that I just wanted to know how much I owed them and I would willing pay these fines, they, at no stage had they notified me of these amounts or charges until these threating letters arrived. How could I pay them when I didn't know what they wanted. I don't want to pay the extra fines they have added. One fine is 40pounds extra and the other one is now 160 pounds up from whatever!! I just don't know???

the appropriate path to take is to write a formal request for review, carefully presenting the facts of the matter. The department will then assess and advise as to what action will occur whether being review the amount or reducing the same.

does this answer your important question today ?