Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My car was hit from behind by a truck and I was told that I…

Customer Question
My car was hit...

My car was hit from behind by a truck and I was told that I am not eligible for any claims as there was no reason for me to have stopped when a car was changing lanes in a sudden. Please advise.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Victoria

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I contacted the owner of the trucking company who passed it on through his broker and to the NTI Insurance company who advised me that I am not eligible for a claim

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am a Refrigeration Technican and my van is important for my work

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Australia Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/19/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

as the truck hit you from behind, you will not be liable for the damage

in your case the truck failed to maintain a proper distance.

your insurer will be able to raise the approproiate claim against the truck

if you do not have insurance you will be able to raise a civil claim to have your vehcile repaired

was your vehcile insured ?

I have extended a special offer to talk on the phone, please look, it will help you.