Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

We own a home we have stayed in dwelling. Qld. Stayed in…

We own a home...

We own a home we have stayed in dwelling

Lawyer's Assistant: What state/territory are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Qld

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Stayed in dwelling it has being renovated

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The builder said it was completed but we had some issues with painting he has called in qld building to check his work he has not received last progress payment

3/19/2018
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Good Morning

What has QLD Building said about the work?

You have to look at the contract you have and see what it says about the last payment. It may not allow you to withhold it for this issue.

You should also have your own painter come in and do an inspection of the work and give you a report.
Get the building looked at by a builder and make sure any issues are sent to them in writing to fix.

Leon, Solicitor
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The builder said he was finished and hasn’t received last payment from bank
Due to valuer needs to check the house
We changed locks as we stayed at the house before renovations he said he is ringing police because we changed the locks were do we stand
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The builder had locked us out if our own home could u ring my husband in(###) ###-####He said we broke in when we had a key to back house
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
He has threatened to call police were do we stand as we r the owners and previously stayed at house
Phone call session started
Leon, Solicitor