Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My uncle has just had the bank repossessed property for some…

Customer Question
Hi my uncle has...

Hi my uncle has just had the bank repossessed property for some money said I owed but they haven't actually got in contact with him and he's behind it of it was cuz he was diagnosed with cancer and he is waiting for a at refinancing approval from another bank but he's also applied for the medical thing for the superannuation to get his superannuation early so I just want to know where is student getting some more time

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

My uncle has rang the Adelaide Bank that's who is loan through and spoken to the manager call Tracy and she said that she would give him until the 1st of April to get the money together but that seems come out today and had the police escort him off his property without giving him fair warning or notice or anything and he would have the money by the 1st to superannuation there just waiting for the the doctors report from his doctor

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

It's number ******* in Western Australia it's down near Mandurah

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes he has a business and he has a like a truck and a very expensive Corvette and boats and other things that are worth more than money that's owed only 15000 years old and he only as a thousand on his actual loan so all up at $23,000 and they're taking a million dollar property everything so we want to know where he stands with that and is it possible to to to get an extension or to make them wait until the money to prove himself

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Australia Law
3/19/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

what was the last notice received from the bank by your uncle ?

That he was 15000 behind but the repsyments are approx 450 a month so y did they let him get so far behind. He didn't think he was behind cause I never write to him told him he was is that even legal waiting that long till we had such a big debt.

did your uncle offer to enter into a debt agreement with the bank ?