Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I am trying to access my medical records from CHG. The

Customer Question
Hello I am trying...

Hello I am trying to access my medical records from CHG. The response I got was I had to have a subpoena, court order or Section 183. Alternatively I can meet with the Director of Clinical Services and be charged a consultation fee based on the length of the consultation and at the Workcover gazetted rates. Report fees and photocopying will be at the Return to Work SA gazetted rates. I have put in an enquiry and complaint with The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner but it could take up to 4-5 months for a investigation to start. My inquiry is what is the Workcover gazetted rates for a Director of Clinical Services and photocopying and report fees?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

South Australia

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I have emailed CHG (corporate Health Group) and the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner and sent CHG a copy of the email from OAIC. CHG said they have their procedures to follow. OAIC said I am entitled to access personal information and charges for providing access to personal information must not be excessive and must not apply to the making of the request.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thank you

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Australia Law
3/19/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

when you raised the request to CHG did you get a written reply ?