Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My issue was about the service delivery of a certain biggest…

Customer Question
Second opinion] My issue...

Second opinion] My issue was about the service delivery of a certain biggest international courier. I was texted confirming the location of my parcel. I went there but parcel wasn't found. I called up the customer agent and they tracked my parcel. The next day, I got another message confirming that the parcel was sent again in that specific hubbed machine. I went there to claim it but again no parcel was found. It caused me too much hassle. I called up the customer service to complain again about this. So I've requested them if they can deliver it instead in my own address and I will wait for it. I didn't go to work just to wait for this parcel to arrive and received it by myself since this is an important document which is my International Driver;s License. Two days has passed, there is no courier who drop by my house. I emailed the CS and emailed me back saying that the parcel was already delivered in my house. I argue with them as because I really haven't received anything. They insisted that they already made the delivery. They even sent me a picture of the house where they had it delivered. But there was a faulty error coz as I've seen in the photo it is not my house clearly its not the address. Several days had passed and I have to argue with them about it. The parcel was not delivered to me about 3 weeks where i Supposed to have it already. Until they apologize saying they made an error. I just wanna know what can I file them to this and what compensations is due for me brought by the hassle they've caused me

Lawyer's Assistant: What state/territory are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

NEW SOUTH WALES

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Asking compensation from the company. But I think the compensation is way too less than the damage it caused

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No more. I just wanna know what can I do about this case and if there is something I can do about it

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Australia Law
3/19/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

have you raised a formal written complaint yet ?

I raised a formal complaint to them and I am asking for a compensation from them due to the inconvenience they brought me. But I want to know what can i further do for some legal actions on this since they are not willing to give my demand. What is also the best value for my demand for this matter
I can't make a call.

What you need to do is to write a formal complaint to the company. This complaint needs to be in a chronological order detailing what is the issue and what action you have taken to try and rectify the matter.

The complaint needs to be in a chronological order with numbered points 1, 2, 3, etc.

The complaint needs to have detailed what you need fixed and for a time limit of a minimum of 14 days to apply.

The complaint then needs to be sent to the dispute resolutions department. Make sure you keep a copy for yourself.

Preferably send the complaint by email.

If you do not receive a reply within 14 days issue a follow up complaint to the first complaint issued.

If no response is received then it is time to commence an action in the local tribunal.

Would you like to try this option first.

I have extended a special offer to talk on the phone, please look, it will help you if needed.

If you need any further information please let know.

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don’t forget to rate me 5 stars as this supports me helping the community, and thank you for using Just Answer.