Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I got cut off too soon last time. I had a question about a…

Customer Question
Hi. I got cut...

Hi. I got cut off too soon last time. I had a question about a court order that was issued to my daughter in 2013 for a loan death of $22,000 which she took out here in Perth, but the the company were based in SA & therefore it was issued from the Magestrates court in SA. Can she be arrested or imprisoned for non payment ?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

WA

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None. There is also another court issued payment of $ 3,400 from a Perth magistrates court that has also not been paid. Can she be arrested or imprisoned for this.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes. Can the amounts be negotiated What can be done. What can happen if nothing done.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Australia Law
3/19/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

as the order is made, you will need to have the dent settle, but you may be able to negotiate a time frame for the same