Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I certainly require legal assistance I have been in dialogue…

Customer Question
I certainly require legal...

I certainly require legal assistance I have been in dialogue with DVA for over 10 years as to pension entitlement for estranged father after his death and after probate DVA demanded that I pay to the Australia Government solicitors $80K which I was later advised was for there commercial outlay what is a real concern the Public servant (namely Ted Harrison) within DVA had acted in a non professional manner never was my accusations denied he resigned/sacked from DVA after which it appear his history is closed I was warned any future correspondence to DVA will come through DVA Secretary (namely Mr. Simon Lewis PSM) and from those who warned me stated he'll neither care for DVA re integrity his position is to protect DVA his letter he stated I am refused to talk/meet with DVA Minister and he'll only reply to a correspondence if he has a Statutory Obligation in doing so one would think any person employed by the Crown has a statutory obligation to display integrity? Ms. Terri Butler the elected member of the seat of Griffith wrote to DVA on my behalf, her received reply was deceitful , misleading in accurate shameful to say the least. there is no doubt DVA under Harrison shredded/removed files relating to my estranged father, DVA advise if I want the $80K make an application to the Department of Finance for an Act of Grace payment there response is DVA have policies through the Minister to repay the $80K but DVA now reply to NO correspondence and if I want to take the matter further within DVA it must be through Lewis I was warned once in Lewis hand/ control he's ruthless I am not surprised when you read at least 1 (one) perhaps 2 (two) person/s associated with DVA commit suicide each week Harrison deceitful record came apart when he was advise I am only the bastard son of my estranged father (namely Michael Stefanaras) DVA have never denied my accusations but have refuse a number of my FOI applications interesting to note DVA demanded the money $80K even after probate Thank you I pray with hope that justice might prevail

Lawyer's Assistant: I'm sorry if I'm reading you wrong here, but it seems as though you might be considering committing suicide or hurting yourself. Am I right?

I have the right medication never fear by the grace of God I am here today and will remain here at least until I get a answer from DVA with integrity NO I am Not ready to die today Mike

Lawyer's Assistant: Okay. Let's try this again. How can I help you? Have you talked to an Australian lawyer about this?

NO

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Through Commonwealth Ombudsman office AAT and legal friend mainly myself in writing NB DVA have never denied my accusations if they had then I would require a solicitor

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not really as I have full files which DVA don't have especially the agreement reached on the 6th November 2003 which its a possibility Harrison has removed once again not denied by DVA but Lewis wont entrain any allegation its over as far as he's concern

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Australia Law
3/17/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

do you have the allegations in written form from DVA ?

Solicitor: Daniel, Solicitor replied 3 months ago
Daniel, Solicitor

Hello
Can I be of assistance?