Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

The police came with a warrent and tookmy dog they believed…

Customer Question
The police came with...

The police came with a warrent and tookmy dog they believed to of attacked two people in public but they got the wrong dog . Plus their warrent info is not correct info now i went seen my dog today and he is so sick and lost so much condition he is not being treated right while held at queens rd i really need to get him out pls help with my rights for my dog he cant speak but i will for him

Lawyer's Assistant: What state/territory are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Qld

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I have put in a letter and asked what i need to do.amd fort for my dog innocence they have not sent me any mail any steps they never ring me back i had to go to thier super amd he had no idea of what was goin on but he wasnt going to help with any info on what my dog he believed to be the dog in the cctv footage i was going to do f.o.i file but it could take weeks and my dog is so sick itsnot funny he has nothing but cement and no vets have seen to him simce ge went in the 2nd of march he has slept in my bed his whole life he is 6 i got him at five wks now the warrent wasfor a danuil brennan dog but clearly my demon in micro chioped to me

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

When they came to the house they let themselvrs in the cops and animal managemennt they woke me up whistling in my ear torch in my face i was so sick that day the cop went to pinch me he was not letting me out the room told me to shut the f**k up u c**t. They showed me no psper work just told.me they were seizing a dog of bull terrier breed cross beeed my dog is pure breed

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Australia Law
3/16/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

do you know where they have taken the dog at the present time ?

Solicitor: Daniel, Solicitor replied 3 months ago
Daniel, Solicitor

Hello
Can i assist?