Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Can a landlord lock me out of my unit, not behind in rent.

Customer Question
Can a landlord lock...

Can a landlord lock me out of my unit, not behind in rent. did not have security deposit for security gate card to gain entry?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state/territory are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Queensland

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Paid deposit to night. but could not gain entry to park except for the help of the caretaker on site.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Need to know does the landlord have the right to stop me from my unit if all rent paid in full and have been a good tenant?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Australia Law
3/16/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

if you are not behind in rent, and have not received a eviction notice, the landlord cannot lock you out.

you can raise a urgent claim at QCAT to get back into the property if you have been locked out.

does this answer your important question today ?

Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 3 months ago

If you need any further information please let know.

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don’t forget to rate me 5 stars as this supports me helping the community, and thank you for using Just Answer.