Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I've signed to buy a property off the pan and paid outright…

I've signed to buy...

I've signed to buy a property off the pan and paid outright with my super. Behind schedule. Can I withdraw

Lawyer's Assistant: What state/territory are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Qld

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Asked the builder for an exact time when it will be ready to move in

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Been told by contractors thst there is no way it will be ready in stated time

3/16/2018
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

do you have a copy of the contract ?

No I don't have a copy of contract

who has the contract ?

you would have signed a copy to purchase the property ?

The accountant has the contract. I did sign all the pages

there might be a way to rescind the contract.

to cancel the contract and get all your money back, there would need to be a failure of disclosure within the contract of certain matters, as example a drain, or there was a defect in title.

the best option is to have the contract carefully reviewed and soon as practical by a lawyer to determine your legal rights to cancel the same.

have I answered your important question today ?

The house isn't built yet and been delays. Have heard from contractors who work for the builder that he can be unreliable. There's $450,000 in a trust fund and paid 65,000 for slab being laid. Any other ways I can pull out of the contract?

i would need to read the contract o be certain for you.

I have extended a special offer to talk on the phone about this important matter, please look, it will help you.

I will get a copy of the contract next week before I call you

ok.

you are welcome to accept the special offer today and call me when you need.

John Melis, Lawyer
No I just need to get a copy of the contract

OK

Could you ring me on(###) ###-#### Thanks

number displayed