Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Hai i have married in september 2016 in victoria and i would…

Hai i have married...

Hai i have married in september 2016 in victoria and i would like to get divorce from my husband he is dependent on me with temporary resident visa. If once i get divorce how much time it will take to get divorce from him and does his visa will get cancelled?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a Victoria lawyer about this?

No not still

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

We need to go for mutual divorce

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Can i sponsor some one after i getting married after my divorce

3/16/2018
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

You are under an obligation to tell the department when you separate.

So you need to tell them now.

He will then be deported.

You should have notified them when you separated.

You can apply for the divorce 12 months and 1 day after you separate.

Once the department is made aware the relationship is over they will send him a letter giving him 28 days to leave.

If you wish to have a phone call to discuss this in more detail please elect a call or I can send you a request.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. You rating my work 5 stars allows me to continue to provide a service to those who require it.

I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Let me know if I have answered your question today.

Regards

Thanks for your reply. After getting married someone can i sponsor them after my divorce or someone can sponsor me immediately?

Good Evening

Are you a permanent resident?

Do you want to sponsor another person?

No present i am temporary resident after divorce i am going to marry some other person and i will apply for permanent resident and will sponsor to the marriedperson

Good evening

If you get married you can apply for a partner visa.

You will go on another temporary visa for 2 years and then you can apply for permanent visa.

You will not go to a permanent visa immediately.

Here is some information.

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/visa-1/801-/Partner-visa-(subclasses-820-and-801)-document-checklist

Regards

Ok so i cant sponsor my permanent visa to the next married person?

Good Evening

With a partner visa you have to complete 2 years as a temporary then apply for permanent residency.

You do not go to permanent status immediately.

Yeah with in 1 year 3 months my temporary visa is going to expire meanwhile i have to aplly for my permanent resident visa

I am not sure what visa you are going to apply for.

But if there is a visa you have found and you apply you can stay until it is determined provided you apply before your current visa expires.

Ok what i am planning is after getting divorce from this person. I am going to marry some other person and with in 1 year i will get the sufficient points for my permanent resident visa and i will apply for that visa in 1 yearsponsoring my husband, is that possible. Because i have heared that i cant sponsor 2 nd person for 5 years thats y i am asking

Good Evening

I cannot guarantee you will get the permanent residency.

But you are correct that you cannot sponsor another person for 5 years.

I have only seen people that have been married for 5 years plus go to a permanent partner visa and bypass the temporary.

All the best and good luck

Leon, Solicitor