Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I am a 72 year old pensioner who had occassion today to book…

Customer Question
I am a 72...

I am a 72 year old pensioner who had occassion today to book some airline tickets through Trip.com to Brisbane ( departing 19th March.. returning 22nd March) to meet up with my son who is making a quick trip from Ireland. I then received an e-mail stating that the booking was unsuccessful. I then proceeded to re-book which was successful,however the original booking was also successful thus being charged on credit card twice for the same booking.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I then realised that I had made a mistake on the dates (should have booked for 1 week later). I contacted Trip.com by phone only to be told the payment had been processed and no changes or refunds for the double booking could be done. After much discussion with Trip.com they refunded part of cost ($121) and altered my departure times, however they charged me $100.62 to do this. I now have a booking for departure but no return ticket on the 29th March. I have a return ticket for 22nd March which is of no use to me at a cost of $149.32 !!! All in all a return trip to Brisbane has cost me in excess of $800 which should have cost $334.....I left nothing to chance and all this dialogue took place within a period of 2 hours, however, Trip.com wouldn't bend which has left me stressed and worried about the money that I have had to pay, looking for any advice on this matter.

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

When might you contact me ????

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Sent all details on line yesterday pm.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I dont think so !!

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Australia Law
3/16/2018
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 3 months ago
Leon, Solicitor
Good afternoon
I am Leon a Solicitor from Sydney and I will be assisting you with your question today
Do you have the confirmation about the first booking being unsuccessful
Unfortunately No ! It was on screen for approx 40 seconds only.

Good Afternoon,

you mentioned that she received an email in relation to the unsuccessful booking. Are you still have that?