Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

She is leasing a house with someone from there. The lease is…

Customer Question
She is leasing a...

She is leasing a house with someone from there. The lease is for 12 months. My daughter has been struggling with mental health issues for years.It has been a tough 3 months as she have just recently moved on her own from Adelaide. Being her first time moving out of home, she have recently relapsed back into major depression which she had been struggling with for several years. The house itself is not a safe environment for her mental health which is why she want to move out. A friend recently moved to Melbourne from Adelaide which has really been the light at the end of this tunnel and they've decided to move in together which will really help her with her mental health. Her housemate has told her she will not sign her out of the lease which has made her feel absolutely stuck and don't know where to go from here.
Is there any other options for her? Is there a possibility to break the lease?
If her housemate does not comply with her is VCAT the only option?
Looking forward to hearing from you,

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Victoria

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

12 months is term

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My daughter has relapsed to major depression now

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Australia Law
is this free consultation?
if not then just withdraw my question PLEASE
I don't have the capacity to pay huge fee. thanks
I am just a stay at home mother trying to help my very sick daughter.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/16/2018
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 4 months ago
Leon, Solicitor
Good afternoon I am Leon a solicitor from Sydney and I will be assisting you with your question today
Hi Leon,
Is this a free consultation?
Has she spoken to the landlord?
no, only her housemate
no thanks, ***** ***** afford
Is she on the original lease with the landlord or did she have a lease with the flatmate
Please withdraw my consultation. Thanks

Good Afternoon,

I understand it is frustrating, but if you want a refund I'm happy to arrange For you to get one.

But before I can advise you on what your daughter can do I need to ensure I understand with whom the lease is with.

Please arrange for a full refund. Thanks

Good Afternoon,

I will arrange that now.

There is no need feed reply to this post.

Regards,

Thank you for your time