Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have been managing an investment property in Lorne and my…

Customer Question
Hello my name is...

Hello my name is ***** ***** have been managing an investment property in Lorne and my tenant owes me $4500 in rent.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

She has moved out now thankfully but still owes me the money. I am wondering what I can do?

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Legally I have not taken any steps... but I have kept a record of our correspondence

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Can you please hold for a moment - I will get back to you...

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Australia Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/16/2018
Solicitor: barristerinky, Attorney replied 5 months ago
barristerinky
barristerinky, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Do you know where the tenant moved to?

.

Why did they get so far behind without any action being taken?

.

.

thanks

Apparently she has moved to Angelsea... I have progessively asked for her rent in arrears and set up payment plans and asked her to leave and I was always met with promises that i sadly believed. she supposedly set up a direct debit with her payment plan but it just hasn't showed up in my account.... Always saying sorry etc

I am sorry, but I just saw you are in Australia and this was posted in the US category. I will have to opt out and transfer the question to the correct category..

Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 5 months ago
Leon, Solicitor
Good afternoon I am Leon a solicitor from Sydney and I will be assisting you with your question today
What state of Australia is the house in? Have you sent the tenant a letter of demand? Have you collected the bond?