Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have a problem with bank because I could not maintain

Customer Question
regular instalments of personal loan...
I have a problem with bank because I could not maintain regular instalments of personal loan and credit cards on time because since 4-5 months I was stressed because of relationship and ultimately my partner left me. Bank has started sending heaps of mails but I could not even response coz I am off mentally in these days. I wanna bring all the circumstances under control I am happy to work hard but I dont want to have any bad portfolio in bank's history( which is currently shown low as I checked with VEDA) .I was thinking to go to see Dr and seek some medical advice as I need to uplift myself both mentally and physically and prevent happening of anxiety and depression.
Also, I was thinking to bring the medical certificate and show the bank and VEDA institute to remove those defaults or errors with them because I want to build strong property portfolio in the future.What is better solution in this case?Shall I have to ask extend my loan payoff time and reduce instalment amount as I am having financial hardship?( Remember just last year I was trying to buy first home but since then all the circumstances been changed and looking this poor situation seems like I could never buy property at all)Please I need good advice. Thank you.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Australia Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/16/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

What you need to do is to write a formal complaint to the company. This complaint needs to be in a chronological order detailing what is the issue and what action you have taken to try and rectify the matter.

The complaint needs to be in a chronological order with numbered points 1, 2, 3, etc.

The complaint needs to have detailed what you need fixed and for a time limit of a minimum of 14 days to apply.

The complaint then needs to be sent to the dispute resolutions department. Make sure you keep a copy for yourself. Preferrably send the complaint by email.

If you do not receive a reply within 14 days issue a follow up complaint to the first complaint issued.

If no response is received then it is time to commence an action in the local tribunal.

Would you like to try this option first.

What sort of complaint letter? Where can I find the template or format? What bullet points you want me to include in it? Is it like I tried to pay minimum amount even it was late? Is it like I have financial hardship because of ....?Does this complaint letter help to remove my errors from the VEDA and Bank history?
Do you do this sort of task? If yes how much you charge? What information you think you may require based on these above facts? If you dont do this task, do I need to take legal advice from CPA i.e. Accountant?Thank you.

the complaint letter will help you

I recommend that you issue the complaint letter first before engaging a lawyer or accountant as this will start the basis of a full claim if one is needed.

does this answer your question today