Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I'm on work cover,can they stop payments why they make you…

I'm on work cover,can they...
I'm on work cover,can they stop payments why they make you jump through hoops looking for underlying conditions even when you been for a work medical at there doctor and they keep moving the gold post,by adding more test but not letting myself or my gp know until we rang there office to find out and they ad more test and we know there been directed by the company. My gp isn't impressed as we wouldn't have know,en till I rang. This is the third time that I've rang to get results and 3 times they ad something and they haven't rang once to let my self know. My work has rang me once after I told them I had the medical they said we'll ring you back in a couple of days ,that's 6-7 weeks ago.Thanks.
3/15/2018
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Good Morning

Have they approved the claim?

The incident happened in October 2017,it got approved in December I test and more test.

Good Morning,

Generally they will have you go undertake tests but they cannot suspend payments unless they find that it was a pre existing condition.

What have your doctors said about the injury?

From avoiding rolling the truck when I had the turn that it was twisting of the neck.

Good Morning

So Your Doctors Have Not Said That There Was a Pre-Existing Condition?

No,
My gp hasn't, but work cover and ther doctor in Mackay that I mentioned before must seem to think so,so no.

On what grounds?

That it wasn't a accident because I didn't crash,that it must be a medical condition.
If your doctor says you have and injury and that injury occurred during your work it is a work related injury. You have a claim. You may have moved out of the way and pulled a muscle or broken something it is still work related
Ok,so they can't stop my payments then, while Ther still revering me to see specialist or doctors.

Good Afternoon,

they are unable to stop payments simply because they want to.

You must comply with their requests to see doctors and specialists.

I would also suggest that you have your doctor send you to a specialist so that you can also have your own independent medical advice.

If you wish to have a phone call to discuss this in more detail please elect a call or I can send you a request.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. You rating my work 5 stars allows me to continue to provide a service to those who require it.

I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Let me know if I have answered your question today.

Regards

while I'm seeing my gp and abydin by there request they still have to pay me,as they paid me up to the 6 jan18 and nothing since.My certificate is to 7 April 18.

Yes they do have to pay you.

Leon, Solicitor
1 more,can insurance company request 3 years back of your Medicare when you've only be with them for 13-14 months.

I do not understand your last question?

I have a income protection policy with NRMA . They sent me a claim form even though they know I'm on workcover ,one of the requirements is to supply 3 years of my Medicare.

If you are paid wages from workcover and you are then paid by the NRMA for the same period workcover can seek to be reimbursed.

Any medicare claims for work related matters have to be repaid form workcover

They are asking of the medicare records to se if you have any issues with the same problem. They have a right to ask.

1 more,If I been working for the haulage company for 6 and half years starting and finishing at home sence I started with them and the depot is 1 hour 45 mins away, do they have to pay me to and from as that was the verbal deal, if I got the approval to go back to work, but not driving trucks just light duties.

Good Evening

Here is the link that explains how workcover pays.

https://www.worksafe.qld.gov.au/rehab-and-claims/support-and-benefits/weekly-compensation/normal-weekly-earnings

You can download a calculator and see what you should be paid.

I hope this assists.

Regards