Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Your name pope up on my computer i ha made enquires but pa…

Customer Question
Your name pope...

Your name pope up on my computer i ha made enquires but pa wor etc will not let me into your isite

Lawyer's Assistant: What state/territory are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Wetern autralia

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Just tried to log in but would not accept pass word when treid to get new would not exceapt email

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes have they found information and wnt to tellme

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Australia Law
3/15/2018
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 4 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Good Morning

What is your question?

ok i mae enquires about freind coming o australiia bt missed her at air port in perth i honestly beleive she as i missed her i honest ly beleive she was on plane but can find out as imake enquires i am told it is scam i have a demaned from person for money
i am trying to type fast making lots of miss takes

Did you give her money to come to Australia?

How long have you known her?

Where did you meet her.

I am happy to chat on the phone if that is easier.

can you find ut if she was on plane and aprehended in singapore

You will not be able to get that information from the airlines as they are not allowed under privacy.

You have to try and contact her and ascertain what has happened.

If she is refusing to respond then you can assume you have been scammed and she has not bought a ticket

You have been scammed.

If you wish to have a phone call to discuss this in more detail please elect a call or I can send you a request.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. You rating my work 5 stars allows me to continue to provide a service to those who require it.

I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Let me know if I have answered your question today.

Regards

no i i beleive i have not been scamed if or would not have paid money i tried air line but no luck tried consular all i want is peace of mind the reason is quick turn around has bought people to notice

The airlines will not disclose their passenger list.

Do you have an email for her?

Do you have a phone number for her?
You have to contact her.

This is the only way.

Did she confirm that she had bought a ticket and show you the ticket?

i have email of person requesting money i have no copy of return ticket as upeset on mising each other ok i feel stupid i will open up i missed caame home then hit me that i saw her but it was to late

Good Morning

I am sorry to hear what has happened.

But I believe you have been scammed.

You should report this to the Australian Federal Police.

https://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/crime-types/cybercrime/online-fraud-and-scams

I have heard of this before where they get the money and you never hear from them again.

You have been scammed.

I assume you also sent her the money and you did not buy her the ticket?

If you had offered to pay for the ticket directly and not give it to her she would have had excuses not to do that

I am really sorry that this has happened to you.

Regards