Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Could you please point me in the right direction atm

Customer Question
Hi could you please...

Hi could you please point me in the right direction atm department of housing are evicting me and as of tomorrow morning they are having the baliff lock the property its due to rent arrears which ive paid a lump sum of $500 last week and they are still not happy i have no whetre to go with my children please help \

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

No as im not sure what to do it went to court which i was unaware of so could not attend

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Balga perth wa 6061

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Im a single mum unemployed atm and im trying my best to pay the arrears and i have no where to go

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Australia Law
3/15/2018
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 1 month ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Good Evening

Do you know what court it was in and do you have any documentation with a file number?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
perth magistrates and not at the moment as im using a friends computer

You have to file an urgent application with the court and seek a stay.

Time is not on your side though.

But you need the file number so the court knows the case.

Once you file the application the sherrif will be told to stop.

But it has to be done today and you are running out of time.

Do you know what time the bailiff is coming?

You need to file a form 9 and a form 2

Here is a link and look at the heading Application to suspend enforcement

http://www.magistratescourt.wa.gov.au/_files/Civil_factsheet_31.pdf

Also see fact sheet no 26

http://www.magistratescourt.wa.gov.au/_files/Civil_factsheet_26.pdf

This has to be done ASAP and if you can do it today you ay stop it

If you wish to have a phone call to discuss this in more detail please elect a call or I can send you a request.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. You rating my work 5 stars allows me to continue to provide a service to those who require it.

I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Let me know if I have answered your question today.

Regards

Good Evening

If there is anything else I can assist you with pease let me know.

Regards

Leon, Solicitor