Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I am in Qld and I'm having a really bad time with a

Customer Question
Hi, I am in...

Hi, I am in Qld and I'm having a really bad time with a particular dental surgery that I am still paying formwork they did 1-2 years ago that has failed. Can I stop payment? They are claiming that particular dentist has left the practice however he was the second dentist I saw at that practice and it is them I am paying the money to so I do not see how it is relevant if he has left or not!

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a Queensland lawyer about this?

No this is my first contact after contacting them asking them to fix the massive hole in the back of my tooth and the loose crown. They are demanding I pay the rest of the agreed upon terms BEFORE they will see me.

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

I'm ready!

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Just contact with the dental practice. I insisted it all be by email so I had it in writing. I have booked another appointment with a different dentist for Monday.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't think so. I have possibly not been too clear but hopefully you understand what I'm talking about.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Australia Law
3/15/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

What you need to do is to write a formal complaint to the company. This complaint needs to be in a chronological order detailing what is the issue and what action you have taken to try and rectify the matter.

The complaint needs to be in a chronological order with numbered points 1, 2, 3, etc.

The complaint needs to have detailed what you need fixed and for a time limit of a minimum of 14 days to apply.

The complaint then needs to be sent to the dispute resolutions department. Make sure you keep a copy for yourself.

Preferably send the complaint by email.

If you do not receive a reply within 14 days issue a follow up complaint to the first complaint issued.

If no response is received then it is time to commence an action in the local tribunal.

Would you like to try this option first.