Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I had a solar battery installed by Solarmatric P/L but not…

I had a solar...

I had a solar battery installed by Solarmatric P/L but not hooked up to my smart metre (because it was a gross metre) . The installers said they would return to hook me up as soon as I got a net metre installed. The net metre is now in place and despite repeated phone calls to Solarmatic they are unable to get the installers to my home for the hook-up. This is over a period of 3 weeks and about 5 phone calls from me.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I am in NSW

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

About 5 phone calls to Solarmatic to get action

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The installing electricians may be private contractors

3/15/2018
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

have you written a formal complaint yet ?

I wrote an email to Emile the Manager of Solarmatic Pty Ltd., advising that if the connection was not completed by end of day the 19th of March 2018 I would be taking further action such as I have now done with you.

What you need to do is to write a formal complaint to the company. This complaint needs to be in a chronological order detailing what is the issue and what action you have taken to try and rectify the matter.

The complaint needs to be in a chronological order with numbered points 1, 2, 3, etc.

The complaint needs to have detailed what you need fixed and for a time limit of a minimum of 14 days to apply.

The complaint then needs to be sent to the dispute resolutions department. Make sure you keep a copy for yourself.

Preferably send the complaint by email.

If you do not receive a reply within 14 days issue a follow up complaint to the first complaint issued.

If no response is received then it is time to commence an action in the local tribunal.

Would you like to try this option first.

I will try the option you have just outlined.Many thanks, *****

you are welcome

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don't for get to rate me for 5 stars as this supports me helping the community and thank you for using Just Answer.

John Melis, Lawyer
I have outlined my problem in point form and sent it off to Solarmatic. I will give them a reminder in 2 weeks time if I have not had a positive response.. I will advise them then that I intend to go the local tribunal. Thank you David

ok

How do I get in touch with the disputes resolution department. Thank you..........David W.

you can call them or send the details to the company director.

Can you provide me with specifics please? e.g. who is "them"? Do you have any phone numbers or locations? I have googled ADR but can only come up with locations in Victoria so am a bit lost Thankyou David

you will need to contact the company directly. or you may just file your claim in NCAT.