Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I am having trouble with Alinta Energy. they were not

Customer Question
I am having trouble...

I am having trouble with Alinta Energy. they were not authorized to have our business account. we were with alinta energy, but transferred to next business energy. Alinta energy claimed a systems error occurred and that is how we ended up back at Alinta energy. I have tried to sort it out on three occasions. what should I do now

Lawyer's Assistant: What state/territory are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Victoria

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Spoke to both alinta and next business energy

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I asked Alinta if I have to pay the outstanding amount as they .were unauthorized to have the account. they said that they would transfer it to next business energy. and I wouldn't have to pay them. however I have received another account with no discount as I didn't pay on time. I am at my wits end with the power companies. I also think that the energy broker is on some sort of retainer with alinta energy as within 24 hours of me thinking that I had it sorted he rang. I rang Alinta energy today. asked them if they could sort it out again. I was put through to the accounts department and was cut off. so I am trying to get advice as to what I am to do next

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Australia Law
3/15/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

have you issued a formal complaint yet ?