Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

We had a full time employee that we terminated due to breach…

We had a full...

We had a full time employee that we terminated due to breach of contract. When he finished his annual was in negative by 17.2 days therefore we want to know is he still entitled to 4 weeks severance pay?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed the termination with your HR staff? Or with a lawyer?

Our lawyer was not clear on what was required to the 4 weeks pay and we do not have a HR team (Staff) we only have 19 staff members

Lawyer's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Employment Lawyer's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).

Just wanting to know what he is entitled to so we can finalise his employment

Lawyer's Assistant: Is your employee "at will?" Does the employee belong to a union?

Not sure what the first question means and he is not a member of an union

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The employee also owed moneys for missing items from his work van to the value of $900.00

3/15/2018
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

Thank you

this will depend on the employment contract, but normally the employee will be entitled the entitlements due.

as for the missing items at work, do you class them as be stolen by that employee ?

John Melis, Lawyer
Phone call session started

calling in 15 minutes