Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My organisation advertised for a position at a name aged…

My organisation advertised for...

My organisation advertised for a position at a name aged care facility ie A.I attended the interview for the A facility. No one mentioned the other facility B to me apart from the place where they held the interview. I was not asked or told I might have to work at the other facility. I accepted the job offer as working at the A facility I applied for A only. I have worked at the A facility for 6 months and now I have been told I have to work at the other B facility as the contract says both facilitied that I signed but my job title that I signed is incorrect. Can they make me work at the other B facility. facility? Dont I have a verbal contract? Av

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

Thre manager is unreasonable nomHR so I am askinh you

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

Yes what is at will mean

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Dontthink so

3/15/2018
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

if there is nothing in writing you are working under the implied condition of the fair work act.

do you feel like you are being bullied into a position ?

i was billied at work and claimed work cover for bullying which was accepted but they wont let me work at my facility

From the description you have provided there is workplace bullying occurring to you. Part6-4B of the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth) (FW Act) empowers the Fair Work Commission (FWC) to make orders to stop workplacebullying.Bullying at work occurs where a worker is subjected to repeated unreasonable behaviour by an individual or group of individuals that creates a risk to health and safety: s 789FD(1). The definition of bullying does not include reasonable management action carried out in reasonable manner: s 789FD(2).

An application for stop bullying orders may be made by you under the Fair Work Act.

The Fair Work has discretion to deal with an application as it considers appropriate, including by mediation, conference or hearing. The applicant and alleged bully, as well as the principal(s) or employer(s) of the applicant and alleged bully will be given an opportunity to be heard and put forward their case.

The main point is that you have a legal right to be protected and the law will come to your aid.
Would you like to follow this process ?

John Melis, Lawyer
Phone call session started
no fair work does nothing can they make me work at the other facility

calling