Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have made a will with beneficiaries my two sons and my…

Customer Question
I have made a...

I have made a will with beneficiaries my two sons and my deceased partners son with my estate split three ways equally.My partner also made a will giving the sons a quarter share of her estate with three quarters to myself. The property is in the name of myself and the three sons. If i wanted to sell and downsize what would i have to do?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Nsw

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

Just the wills

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not that i can think of

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Australia Law
3/15/2018
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 4 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Good Afternoon

You cannot sell unless they agree.

If they refuse to agree, you can then seek an order under the conveyancing act from the Supreme Court for a trustee would be appointed in the property to be sold.

They cannot force you to retain the property if you no longer want to keep it. But any sale must be with the agreement or a court order.

If you wish to have a phone call to discuss this in more detail please elect a call or I can send you a request.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. You rating my work 5 stars allows me to continue to provide a service to those who require it.

I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Let me know if I have answered your question today.

Regards