Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I had a small business listing with pages telstra in oct…

I had a small...

I had a small business listing with white pages telstra in oct 2016 they said the contract would last for 12 months and renew each year (something i did not recall) then My business finished in nov18 in that time I had no bills ???? so when I got a bill today for $61.05 being a monthly payment for 12 months I didn't even know what it was for ....so apparently that have out the listing in but in their error they never billed me their fault so with not receiving any bills I didn't think the add even went ahead so now they say I owe 12months at $61.00 a month because the close was Nov 17 ???? so my thoughts are I didn't even know I had that add as I never received a bill ?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?

NSW and no not at the moment

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Just rang the white pages number

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thats it

3/15/2018
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

have you send a formal complaint in writing yet ?

not as yet

What you need to do is to write a formal complaint to the company. This complaint needs to be in a chronological order detailing what is the issue and what action you have taken to try and rectify the matter.

The complaint needs to be in a chronological order with numbered points 1, 2, 3, etc.

The complaint needs to have detailed what you need fixed and for a time limit of a minimum of 14 days to apply.

The complaint then needs to be sent to the dispute resolutions department. Make sure you keep a copy for yourself. Preferrably send the complaint by email.

If you do not receive a reply within 14 days issue a follow up complaint to the first complaint issued.

If no response is received then it is time to commence an action in the local tribunal.

Would you like to try this option first.

thanks

You are welcome

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don't for get to rate me for 5 stars as this supports me helping the community and thank you for using Just Answer.

John Melis, Lawyer