Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I wanted to know if I could get a layer to sue the

Customer Question
I wanted to know...

I wanted to know if I could get a layer to sue the government department of child neglect when I was a young baby and I'm 70 and still are Harnted by my past..

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?

No..

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Western australia

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Threw all that has hapend to me ive lost my children grandchildren and great great children I'm left alone threw my child hood

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Australia Law
3/14/2018
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 4 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Good Morning

There was a Royal Commission into child abuse in 2017

Here are the recommendations that were made and paragraph 96 onwards is about dealing with civil claims.

https://www.childabuseroyalcommission.gov.au/sites/default/files/final_report_-_recommendations.pdf

I would suggest being a pensioner your best options are to speak to solicitors that practice on a no win no fee basis and have them look at your individual case.

If they believe that these is enough evidence to support a claim they will then act on your behalf and take their fees out of any settlement.

It also appears in WA the time limits on claims have been abolished and you are able to lodge a claim if you have the evidence.

Firms like

Shine Lawyers

https://www.shine.com.au/blog/abuse-law/western-australia-time-limits-abuse/

Maurice Blackburn

https://www.mauriceblackburn.com.au/sexual-and-institutional-abuse-lawyers/the-royal-commission-into-institutional-responses-to-child-sexual-abuse/?p=1

They may be able to assist.
This is really your only option.

The findings of the commission have given the victims the right to claim and if you have the evidence to be successful you should proceed.

If you wish to have a phone call to discuss this in more detail please elect a call or I can send you a request.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. You rating my work 5 stars allows me to continue to provide a service to those who require it.

I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Let me know if I have answered your question today.

Regards