Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I bought furniture from IKEA Rhodes on 8 March 2018 through…

Customer Question
I bought furniture from...

I bought furniture from IKEA Rhodes on 8 March 2018 through debit master card on Eftops machine for $1526.21. My comm bank account got debited and Ikea saying there ANZ bank have not received the funds. Issue pending for 7 days now. Kindly advice

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Nsw

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not till now thats what i m checking

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Any compensation for this waste of time and mental distress would b given to me cuz of this?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Australia Law
3/14/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

What you need to do is to write a formal complaint to the company. This complaint needs to be in a chronological order detailing what is the issue and what action you have taken to try and rectify the matter.

The complaint needs to be in a chronological order with numbered points 1, 2, 3, etc.

The complaint needs to have detailed what you need fixed and for a time limit of a minimum of 14 days to apply.

The complaint then needs to be sent to the dispute resolutions department. Make sure you keep a copy for yourself. Preferrably send the complaint by email.

If you do not receive a reply within 14 days issue a follow up complaint to the first complaint issued.

If no response is received then it is time to commence an action in the local tribunal.

Would you like to try this option first.

Have I answered your important question ?