Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have a Lady Friend who lives in Russia and to get a

I have a Lady...

I have a Lady Friend who lives in Russia and to get a Russian Visa she has to prove $5500.00 US to come for a visit to Australia. I have already paid for her ticket and now she need $ 5500.00 Us to leave the Russian Federation.

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

I have met her on the internet and trying to meet her in Melbourne

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I have supported her in obtaining her Visa and plain ticket

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

She is insisting for me to send the money only to proof solvency to the Russian Federation before she gets her Visa

3/14/2018
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

I recommend that you do not pay any further funds. To obtain a visa in Russia to Australia only costs a few hundred dollars not $5,500.

I advise this may be scam in place.

Have you done any face to face communication with this person ?

No only by phone and emails

ok, I recommend that you proceed with caution

would you like to select phone services and talk in the phone about this important matter ?

Thanks, ***** ***** see I made a very big mistake. I don't think she is a genuine person.

there is a risk and caution recommended

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don't for get to rate me for 5 stars as this supports me helping the community and thank you for using Just Answer.

John Melis, Lawyer