Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My wife reversed into another vehicle and when she rang our…

My wife reversed into...

My wife reversed into another vehicle and when she rang our insurance company we discovered that I had cancelled the policy mistakenly in June last year.I said I would pay the repair costs of the other driver....there was no damage to our car and only slight ding in the door of the other car.They are insisting they choose the repairer who has quoted $9800.Can I choose the repairer.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

NSW NEW AUDI Q7

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

3/14/2018
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

what you can do is request the other drive to obtain a minimum of two quotes

I have

what you can also do is insist on have a recognized repairer of your former insurer inspect the vehicle and the cost to haev it repaired.

would you like to try this aspect as well ?

John Melis, Lawyer
Phone call session started

calling now