Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I booked online a return air ticket to Colombo from Sydney…

I booked online a...

I booked online a return air ticket to Colombo from Sydney from e dreams on the morning of 12 March 2018. The payment was made using a commonwealth bank issued credit card and I received a confirmation email at 10.32 the same day from edreams (no reply @edreams.com) stating that they are processing my booking under eDreams booking reference:(###) ###-#### I was also requested to to visit My trips for details of booking and updates on the booking. refer to )
reference

Lawyer's Assistant: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I booked online a return air ticket to Colombo from Sydney from e dreams on the morning of 12 March 2018. The payment was made using a commonwealth bank issued credit card and I received a confirmation email at 10.32 the same day from edreams (no reply @edreams.com) stating that they are processing my booking under eDreams booking reference:(###) ###-#### I was also requested to to visit My trips for details of booking and updates on the booking. When I checked the same evening the update was my booking is being processed and the ticket will be sent to me within the day. when I checked on the morning of 13 March, too, I got the same message. Having checked around 6.00 pm on the 13th I called ederams and was told my card payment was not approved. They also said they do the booking again for an aditional fee of AUD 50.00. I said it was unfair of them not to notify me on the first day (12 Mar 2018) itself and to ask for more than the agreed ticket fare. will be sent to

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

They said they would cancel the booking and I agreed. Late they have made a payment request from my card for AUD 23.50 without informing me. Therefore I blocked the card but the payment is pending. I am in NSW.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I believe they were trying to make additional money by not notifying me of the problem with my card on the first day itself. I believe this is unfair trading and they should be told so. I believe they cannot claim AUD 23.50 as the did not provide any service. They actually have done a disservice

3/14/2018
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

What you need to do is to write a formal complaint to the company. This complaint needs to be in a chronological order detailing what is the issue and what action you have taken to try and rectify the matter.

The complaint needs to be in a chronological order with numbered points 1, 2, 3, etc.

The complaint needs to have detailed what you need fixed and for a time limit of a minimum of 14 days to apply.

The complaint then needs to be sent to the dispute resolutions department. Make sure you keep a copy for yourself. Preferrably send the complaint by email.

If you do not receive a reply within 14 days issue a follow up complaint to the first complaint issued.

If no response is received then it is time to commence an action in the local tribunal.

Would you like to try this option first.

Could you clarify whether they could charge AUD 23.50 to my credit card without informing me they are doing so. Isn't this amounting to fraud?

where charges have been put on your credit card without your consent, may amount to fraud.

does this answer your important question today ?

Thanks. Could I quote you and write to them?

you are welcome to print this just answer page as required.

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don’t forget to rate me 5 stars as this supports me helping the community, and thank you for using Just Answer.

John Melis, Lawyer
Could you also clarify whether eDreams are allowed lawfully to charge me AUD 23.50 since they did not provide any service. The booking I made online was cancelled by them as i did not agree to pay them AUD 50 more which was in addition to the cost of the air ticket I paid through my credit card and but not approved by the Bank.