Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

With an Enduring Power of Attorney is it a legal document…

With an Enduring Power...

With an Enduring Power of Attorney is it a legal document that the person with the power is able to conduct banking business for that person.

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state this is in? And just to clarify, what paperwork has been filed?

The state is ACT, The situation is: I have the Enduring Power of Attorney for my husband. It is with another person but we can act separately if necessary. I have had to make a decision to put him into a Nursing Home, to date his Superfund, the hospital where he spent 9 weeks, the Nursing Home, Centrelink,all have accepted the Power but not his Bank. It has been very stressful for me to have had to make the decision in the first place, but after being his full time carer for 7 months his Neurologist told me that his Parkinson's condition was too bad for me to bring him home from hospital.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not sure what you mean

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't think so, other than I find the whole situation quite distressing to think the bank will not accept a legal document.

3/14/2018
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

this will depend on the power drafted

do you have a copy of the EPOA ?

what does the power say on the matters of financial ?

John Melis, Lawyer
Phone call session started

calling