Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Currently on Workcover, and can’t seem to get any better.

Customer Question
Currently on Workcover, and...

Currently on Workcover, and can’t seem to get any better. I’ve injure my back and I’m on modified duties but nothing is helping my back. How can I get advice on what to do next. My doctor doesn’t think I can continue in this role at work.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Victoria

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Only Workcover issues at the moment. Went and saw my doctor today as my back is still not getting any better.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just how do I keep working if my backs not getting better. Thank you

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Australia Law
3/14/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

did the employer offer a return to work program at all ?

have you had a further medical assessment done yet ?

Can’t afford a call at $82

we can chat here

I’m going to see a specialist for mental health and have had a scan done on my back and visit a physician and physio
Maybe I should just call fair work. This may cost me too much.

Fair Work can help you too.

I have extended a special offer to talk on the phone about this important matter, please look, it will help you.