Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I want to find out about Asteron Life Insurance. Is it

Customer Question
Hi I want to...

Hi I want to find out about Asteron Life Insurance.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Is it legit.company?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No. I'm thinking of transferring my life insurance with them but I don't know much about the company.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No I just want to know the credibility of the company to make sure I will be safe with them.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Australia Law
3/14/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

have you requested the paper work yet

they wmailed the policy to me, but it sounds too good for e.g. 30 days waiting period for a pay out on income protection
It's ok John I can't afford the live talk. I just need to know if they are legit.

The following is what ASIC has advised.

ASTERON LIFE Business NameRegistered

Select resultASTERON LIFE Business NameCancelled

Select result* ASTERON LIFE LIMITEDACN 001 698 228Australian CompanyDeregistered

Select result* ASTERON LIFE PTY LIMITEDACN 001 698 228Australian Proprietary CompanyDeregistered

Select resultAUSTRAL***** *****FE INSURANCE PTY LTDACN 104 956 087Australian Proprietary CompanyRegisteredSYDNEY NSW 2000

Select resultAUSTRAL***** *****FE INSURANCENSW BN97979673Business NameRegistered

I recommend that you proceed with caution.

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don’t forget to rate me 5 stars as this supports me helping the community, and thank you for using Just Answer.

What you can do is ask for the company's ACN number and then do another ASIC search to see if the company is registered or deregistered.

This will ensure that you dealing with a proper company.